DIY Marbled Serving Platter & More!
This new design is giving us all heart eyes! How fun is the detail on this NEW Mesh Stencil? Watch below as Kerri from Mama Dares to DIY makes beautiful coasters with this stencil. Then keep scrolling to see how we made this stunning breakfast serving tray. 😍
DIY Marbling Tray
· Mesh Stencil – Marbling
Additional Supplies Needed:
· Wood Tray (Hobby Lobby)
· Painters’ Tape
· Lint Free Cloth
1. Begin by placing painters’ tape around the edges of the tray. Then apply a coat of Ballet White One Step Paint to the tray using the Foam Sponge Brush. Be sure to use nice long strokes and always paint into a wet edge. Allow to dry and then add additional coats as needed.
2. Once dried, place the stencil in the tray starting on one side. Smooth out any bubbles you run across.
3. Then use the Foam Sponge Brush to apply the Parisian Gray One Step Paint to the stencil. Try not to go over it multiple times and not to allow the paint to pool on the stencil.
4. Once done, carefully remove the stencil and wash it in lukewarm water. Allow the stencil to fully dry.
5. Once dried, line the stencil up to create the most natural flow to finish off the other side. Repeat steps 3-4.
6. Once done and the paint has fully dried, apply a small dab of Light Wax using a lint free cloth in a circular motion. Allow the wax to cure before use.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.