DIY Floral Coasters
How adorable are these coasters? It's so fun to customize items and "hack" accessories for your home with no detail! Today we are making these adorable coasters with our new Bloom Where You Are Planted Stencil.
- Mesh Stencil – Bloom Where You Are Planted
- No Bake Ceramic Paint – Black
- No Bake Ceramic Paint – Hampton Blue
- Artist Brush
Additional Supplies Needed:
- Ceramic Coasters (Target Dollar Store)
- Small Bowl
- Begin by placing the stencil partially on the coaster.
- Next, use the artist brush to apply the Black Ceramic Paint. Quickly remove and wash the stencil in lukewarm water when done. (Note: Given the texture of these ceramic coasters, the black may come out lighter than it otherwise would)
- Once dry, place a dab of the Hampton Blue Ceramic Paint in a small bowl and mix with water. Use the Artist Brush to paint in the flowers and stems. Don’t worry about staying completely in the lines and feel free to go back and add in more layers to darken it in certain areas.
- Add some additional flecks by flicking the paint brush over the coaster a couple of times. Allow the no bake ceramic paint to dry for 12 - 14 hours. If you want to speed up the cure time of your piece and give it more durability, we recommend baking your piece. Bake for 25 minutes on 350 degrees, let the piece cool down in the oven.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.