DIY STAMPED WATERCOLOR TEA TOWEL
Monogrammed and beautifully designed tea towels can cost a fortune — but they don’t have to. That’s why we created a new Maker Monday project! If you want to follow along with Amy as she walks through this project, make sure to follow us on Facebook for Maker Mondays! You can also check out the video for this project below:
MATERIALS YOU’LL NEED
The Stamped Watercolor Tea Towel Kit, which includes:
- Hey Y'all Gel Art Ink
- Over Yonder Gel Art Ink
- Can't Never Could Gel Art Ink
- Blowin Up A Storm Gel Art Ink
- Laurels clear stamp
- 2 Tea Towels
- Artist brush
- Foam dome
You’ll also need:
- A paper plate
- Cardboard or paper strips
- A board or flat surface to go under your tea towel
HOW TO CREATE A WATERCOLOR STAMPED TEA TOWEL
- Load your foam dome with the Can’t
Never Couldblack Gel Art Ink and offload any excess onto a scrap piece of paper or cardboard.
2. Using a pouncing motion, apply the black Gel Art Ink to your stamp.
3. Apply the stamp onto your tea towel, centered at the bottom. Press down, then lift the stamp, wash it, and lay it out to dry.
4. Place a small portion of Hey Y'all, Over Yonder, and Blowin Up a Storm inks on separate paper plates and thin with water. Mix until you have a slightly runnier texture but not too much standing water.
5. Using your artist brush, lightly highlight your stamped image by hand. Use Hey Y’all on the leaves, Over Yonder on the berries, and Blowin Up a Storm to the bow. Feel free to mix or switch colors that match your decor or color preferences!
6. Let your design dry for 2 to 3 hours. Then, lay a clean cloth over your design and use a warm iron to totally set the Gel Art Ink.
Optional: Add your initials to your tea towel for a beautiful monogrammed look! Check out all of the A Makers’ Studio stencils to see which one you want for your project.
STAY TUNED FOR MORE MAKER MONDAYS
We hope you enjoy this Maker Monday kit and following along with Amy on Facebook. You can refer back to the video if you want to find extra tips, or watch our whole library of Maker Monday videos. Maker Mondays take place live on our Facebook page every Monday at 10am Central, so “Like” and follow us to get access to these great tutorials.
We’re looking forward to crafting a beautiful life with you.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.