DIY The Sweetest Spring Sign
This spring sign is too cute! Watch as we use Gel Stain, One Step Paint, Stencils, and more on this project.
- Wooden Frame Large – 15in x 20in
- Mesh Stencil – To Plant A Garden
- I Reckon – ChalkArt
- Hazel Mahogany – Gel Stain
- 4oz Sample – French Blue
- Sponge Brush – 2”
- ChalkArt Spreader
- Painters' Tape
- Small Bowl
- Lint Free Cloth
- Begin by taping off the inside of the wooden frame. Then use the Sponge Brush to paint the inside of the board French Blue. Be sure to use nice long strokes and always paint into a wet edge. Once dry, repeat as necessary.
- After your board has dried, mix 3 parts water with 1 part Hazel Mahogany Gel Stain. Then remove the painters’ tape and place new tape down on the inside of the board. Be sure to burnish the tape (press firmly) before moving on.
- Using the Sponge Brush, apply the Gel Stain mixture to the frame, removing any excess with a lint free cloth.
- Once done, allow to dry for at least a couple of hours and then remove the painters’ tape. Place the “To Plant A Garden” stencil centered on your board.
- Use your ChalkArt Spreader to apply the I Reckon ChalkArt, making sure to apply enough pressure to push the ChalkArt through the mesh. Move quickly so the ChalkArt doesn’t dry on the stencil instead of the board.
- Once done, quickly remove the stencil and wash it in lukewarm water.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.