DIY A Chic Scarf
Additional Supplies Needed:
· White Cotton Bandana or Scarf (Hobby Lobby)
· Large Container
1. Begin by mixing 1 part Almond Daze One Step Paint with 3 parts water. Be sure to put on a pair of gloves rub the bottom of the container to ensure no clumps of paint are left. Presoak the scarf before submerging it into the dye bath. Once in the dye bath, be sure all creases are saturated before removing and squeezing out the excess dye.
2. Allow the scarf to fully dry and then place the stencil about 1.5” from the edge of the scarf.
3. Using the Angled Squeegee, apply the Grass Is Always Greener Gel Art Ink to the center design.
4. Repeat using Gold Metallic on the chains and Bless His Heart along the dotted borders. Careful not to go outside the stencil.
5. Once done, remove the stencil and wash in lukewarm water. Allow the stencil to fully dry.
6. Then line the stencil and repeat the steps to complete the design along the edge. Allow the scarf to dry for at least a few hours before setting the ink with a hot iron (no steam).
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.