How To Create Art With Venetian Plaster
Use this technique to create art with Venetian Plaster and ChalkArt! You are going to love creating one of a kind art with this combination of products.
18x18 Wood Surface
Sew on and Sew Forth ChalkArt
Hey Y'all ChalkArt
Cute as a Button ChalkArt
Alphabet 4 Mesh Stencil
Palette knife/ palette spreader
1.Mix plaster with water in equal parts in container to get thick smooth consistency - 12 tsp of plaster to 12 tsp of water - spread evenly and smoothly across surface with spreader. Keep wet edge and go row by row - spread over side edges as well- do not overwork any area. Allow to dry 1 hour completely
2. Repeat process of step one if desired thickness in first layer not achieved. Can mix less plaster, keep parts equal when mixing- allow to dry.
3. Mix equal parts water and Sew On and Sew Forth ChalkArt to desired color make sure consistency is smooth and chalk art lumps are worked out. Set aside. -Mix equal parts water and plaster to thick consistency again. Combine chalk color to wet plaster mix and combine both thoroughly, should be very smooth consistency, if plaster becomes a watery add one tsp at a time of plaster until thick consistency is achieved again.
4. Spread over ⅔ of surface smoothly and cleanly with spreader- do not overwork. Allow to dry.
5. Repeat step 2 with second color- spread on lower ⅓ of surface.
6. Spread ChalkArt to area blue and white plaster meet to blend line, if so desired. Allow to dry.
7. Spread Sew On and Sew Forth and Hey Good Lookin' ChalkArt sporadically across surface to create depth. Allow to dry.
8. Lay out stencil starting at the last letter if phrase to where you would like within margins. Once satisfied with placement, spread plaster over stencil. Remove and allow to dry.
9. Repeat step 8 until all letters have spelled out desired phrase.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.