LIFE'S AN ADVENTURE!
Our new Maker Mondays on Facebook are a great time to check in with Amy Howard and walk through our newest kits. This week, Amy shows us how to use the Life’s an Adventure kit using our new Adventure stencil — a spring and summer favorite!
MATERIALS YOU'LL NEED
For this project, you’ll need the Life’s an Adventure Maker Monday kit, which includes:
HOW TO CREATE YOUR ADVENTUROUS ART
1. Apply the English Walnut Gel Stain to the frame of your surface using your sponge brush. Wait 30 minutes for it to dry.
2. Tape the inside edge of your surface to protect it from the Rescue Restore Paint.
3. Paint the inside of your surface with Southern Gentleman Rescue Restore Paint.
4. Cut "The Adventure Begins" portion of your stencil out and
5. Apply Preaching to the Choir ChalkArt to the stencil.
6. Remove the stencil, wash, and lay flat to dry with the adhesive side facing up.
7. Cut your printed map image down to the desired size.
8. Adhere the image to the center of your surface using double-sided tape. Pro tip: Apply tea or coffee to your image (before adhering it to your surface) to make it look more aged!
Of course, Amy gives a ton of other tips for using this Maker Monday kit on Facebook, so make sure to tune into the video. She also shows you a few ways you can use this Adventure stencil so you can make everything from shirts to glasses and more.
If you love this week’s Maker Monday video, tune in for next week’s! We have a new Maker Monday live video on Facebook every Monday at 10am Central. Don’t miss it — follow and “Like” us on Facebook to get notified when we go live.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.