Display Treasured Memories With a Keepsake Frame
You love your home, but there are a lot of empty walls in it. You’d love to dress them up, but buying art and empty frames can be pretty expensive, and they feel so impersonal. Does this sound familiar?
Why not rescue a frame from garage sales or Goodwill and make it your own with our latest Inspirational Frame Bundle? With some paint and stencils, you’ll create your very own customized photo frame that will look beautiful on your walls. They also make great gifts for Father’s Day, birthdays, and holidays!
To see how Amy Howard transforms a couple of rescued frames and follow along with your kit, be sure to watch this week’s Maker Monday video:
Materials You’ll Need
To make your own family photo frame, you’ll need the Inspirational Frame Bundle, which includes:
- Little Black Dress 2oz Rescue Restore Paint
- Metallic Gold ChalkArt™ sample
- Metallic Copper ChalkArt™ sample
- Peace And Joy ChalkArt™ sample
- Sponge Brush
- Be Still & Know stencil
You’ll also need a container to hold your paint and a photo frame with backing and a wide mat. If you find a great frame with broken or missing glass, that will work too!
Creating Your Photo Frame
- Take apart your rescued frame and separate the frame, mat, and glass.
2. Pour a small amount of Little Black Dress into a container. Paint your mat in long, clean strokes with your sponge brush. Allow it to dry for about 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Cut your stencils apart but do not remove the adhesive backing yet. Lay the stencils down where you want to place them on the mat.
4. Next, blend small amounts of the Metallic Gold ChalkArt™ with the Metallic Copper ChalkArt™ to create a beautiful rose gold color.
5. Remove the adhesive backing to your stencils and place them back down on your mat.
6. Then, load your spreader with your new rose gold mixture and apply it to some of the stencils. Be sure to use a little pressure so that the rose gold pushes through the stencil to the mat.
7. Use the same technique and a clean spreader to apply Peace and Joy ChalkArt™ to your other stencils.
8. Remove your stencils to wash them and let everything dry. To clean up any paint spots, simply take a clean rag, dip it in water, and wipe it off your mat.
9. Find a family picture and reassemble your frame!
Et voila! Your beautiful keepsake frame is ready to hang and enjoy.
Did You Love This Keepsake Frame Tutorial?
On this week’s live video, Amy shares even more tips and tricks for using the amazing products in this bundle, so make sure to follow along. And don’t forget to watch Maker Monday each week — all you need to do is “Like” and follow our Facebook page. Each Monday at 10am, you’ll get more advice from Amy on how to make the most of your Maker Monday bundles.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.