DIY an Adorable Happy Birthday Plate
What better way to say “Happy birthday to you!” than with this adorable DIY Happy Birthday plate! Serve cake, cupcakes, or use as a centerpiece for your next birthday bash, or give as a gift to a loved one.
Materials You'll Need
- Happy Birthday Stencil
- Pretty As a Picture Gel Art Ink
- Bless His Heart Gel Art Ink
- Hey Y’all Gel Art Ink
- 1 white plate (or a few!)
- A bowl and stirring stick to mix Gel Art Inks
How to Make Your Happy Birthday Plate
- Lay the cake portion of your stencil on the center of the plate and apply Hey Y’all Gel Art Ink to it with your spreader. Remove the stencil and wash it, then lay it flat to dry.
2. Mix Bless His Heart Gel Art Ink with Pretty As a Picture Gel Art Ink to make a magenta color. Apply to the Happy Birthday part of the stencil. Then, remove the stencil, wash it, and lay it flat to dry.
3. Lay the gift stencil to each side of the cake. Apply Magenta Gel Art Ink and Hey Y'all to alternate the colors of the gifts. Remove the stencils then wash and lay them flat to dry.
From there, it’s simply a matter of letting your Gel Art Ink dry before use! Also, make sure to wash the plate(s) gently by hand to prevent damage.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Inside A Maker's Studio
For creative types, hearing the words “discipline” or “structure” can make you hesitant. After all, many artistic personalities thrive in uncontrolled environments, right? You may do some of your best creative DIY and crafting work when the mood strikes, but staying true to yourself doesn’t mean you should totally disregard organization, either. A daily agenda is a powerful tool you can use to build your creative business beyond your wildest expectations.