DIY Monogrammed Gifts for Mother’s Day
Finding gifts for Mother’s Day isn’t always easy. You might feel like you buy the same gift every year, or that you can’t find something truly personal. That’s why we’re sharing some fun ideas for DIY monogrammed Mother’s Day gifts on this week’s Maker Monday. If you want to make something special for the mom or moms in your life, this video is just for you. Amy shows you how you can make a number of monogrammed gifts with A Makers’ Studio stamps and Gel Art Ink, like sweet little stationery sets, tea towels, drawstring bags, and even luggage. Gel Art Inks are permanent inks you can use on fabrics and our Clear Stamps can be used again and again!
In this Maker Monday video, Amy shows you just how easy these inks are to use, as well as how to make a monogrammed linen napkin Mom will love!
View the video here >>
Materials You’ll Need
You will also need a linen napkin and a large piece of cardboard to place under the napkin.
You can also purchase the Monogram for Mom product bundle here.
How to Monogram Mom’s New Napkin
1. Apply a small amount of Can’t Never Could Gel Art Ink to your palette and load your foam dome. Pounce it on a clean spot on your palette to offload the excess.
2. In a pouncing motion, apply the Gel Art Ink to the bee stamp. pressing lightly with your foam dome.
3. Apply the stamp to your napkin and press down (make sure you have cardboard underneath your single layer of napkin so it doesn’t bleed through to other layers or your table). Remove the stamp and wash it.
4. Lay your first initial under your bee and apply Gel Art Ink with your spreader. Allow it to dry.
5. Lay your second letter down and apply the Gel Art Ink.
6. Allow the napkin to dry for 2 hours and then apply a warm iron to set the ink.
See how easy that was? You can make a set of linen napkins for the whole family, a set with just Mom’s initials, or one napkin for every mom in your life. Of course, this is just one way to use the Vintage Icons Stamp and Monogram Stencil. Add these items to your DIY toolbox and monogram whatever you want, whenever you want!
More Personalization Ideas on Maker Mondays
If you liked this week’s Maker Monday video, let us know by sharing it with your friends on Facebook! You can also follow and “Like” us on Facebook so that you can get notified when we go live each Monday at 10am Central time.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Inside A Maker's Studio
For creative types, hearing the words “discipline” or “structure” can make you hesitant. After all, many artistic personalities thrive in uncontrolled environments, right? You may do some of your best creative DIY and crafting work when the mood strikes, but staying true to yourself doesn’t mean you should totally disregard organization, either. A daily agenda is a powerful tool you can use to build your creative business beyond your wildest expectations.