Father’s Day Gift Ideas That He Will Love
Do you know what you’re getting your dad, husband, brother, or father figure this Father’s Day? While socks and aftershave are always welcome, why not try something new this year? On Maker Monday this week, Amy Howard shows you how to make a variety of amazing gifts for the dads in our lives with a few simple tools. Whether you want to decorate a cheeseboard, a photo frame, or a hand towel, you can do it with the Decorate for Dads bundle.
In this week’s Maker Monday tutorial, Amy also shows you how to etch glass so that you can give Dad something really unique— whether that’s a stag-etched frame or a gorgeous glass pitcher he can use to stay cool on those hot summer days ahead.
Check out the video to see how Amy uses the Decorate for Dad Bundle to make a beautiful gift any dad would love. You can also read on below to see our steps to make a beautiful glass pitcher etched with a stag, just for Dad.
Materials You’ll Need
To etch any glass surface for your dad this Father’s Day, you can order the Decorate for Dad Bundle, which includes:
- Deer Head stencil 9x12
- Artist brush
- Peace and Joy ChalkArt™ (sample)
- Well I Swanee Gel Art Ink (sample)
- Etching Cream
You will also need a glass pitcher or another glass surface your father would prefer using.
How to Etch Glass for Your Father’s Day Gift
- Take your stencil off of its backing.
- Lay the stencil on your glass where you want it, making sure to press all the bubbles and wrinkles out.
- Take your artist brush and cut the bristles so that they are flat.
- Dip your brush in the Etching Cream and apply it to the stencil. Continue to apply a thick coat, moving your brush sideways and up and down. This will work the etching cream into the glass.
- Remove the stencil and wash off the glass. Your new stag pitcher (or whatever glass surface you created) is now ready to use!
Tell Dad You Love Him With a Great Gift
Dads are notoriously hard to buy for, so we hope that this fun and simple Father’s Day gift idea hits its target. There’s nothing better than seeing your dad, husband, or favorite fatherly friend light up when you give them a handmade gift! The stag stencil is perfect for those fathers in your life… but be sure to check our full selection of stencils for additional options like monogramming that can take your DIY gifting to the next level.
And of course, Amy will be back Monday (and every Monday) at 10am Central time for the next Maker Monday segment. Just Follow and Like the A Makers’ Studio Facebook page for all the best tutorials and ideas to keep your Maker heart happy!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.