Simple Sassy Tote
Tote bags are undeniably functional — you can use them for a trip to the farmer’s market, a day at the pool, or to carry your things to and from work. Unfortunately, they’re not always the prettiest. That’s why Amy and A Makers’ Studio are sharing this fun, sassy Maker Monday project. You’ll be able to create a tote bag that shows off a little more fun (instead of just function).
Watch this week’s Maker Monday video below to get even more tips and tricks from Amy. Learn about the versatility of Gel Art Inks and get more ideas for what you can do with them after you make your tote bag. See the beautiful results of using our stencils – they create a screen printed look with ease!
Materials You’ll Need
For this tote project, you’ll need the Simple Sassy Tote Maker Monday Kit, which includes:
- “Simple” stencil
- Hey Y'all Gel Art Ink
- Bless His Heart Gel Art Ink
- Pretty As A Picture Gel Art Ink
- Canvas Tote Bag
- An iron
How to Make Your Simple Sassy Tote
1. Cut the word “Simple” out of the stencil and lay it to the left of the flowers on your tote. Mix together Bless His Heart and Pretty As A Picture to make a magenta color.
2. Apply to the magenta Gel Art Ink to the “Simple” part of the stencil. Remove the stencil carefully, then wash it and lay it flat to dry.
3. Cut sections of the stencil to create the floral design on your bag. Lay the flower sections of your stencil on your tote.
4. Apply Hey Y'all Gel Art Ink with your spreader to the stencil section until you have covered the right side of your bag.
5. Let your tote set for a few hours. Then, apply a warm iron to set the ink, using a towel between the tote bag and the iron to prevent smudging.
With a little help from Amy and this fun Maker Monday kit, you’ll have a simple and sassy tote in no time. Check out the Maker Monday video if you’re a visual learner or want to see how Amy applies the stencil to her bag. Then, tune in next week for more Maker tips! Maker Mondays take place live on our Facebook page every Monday at 10am Central, so “Like” and follow us to get access to these great tutorials.
We’re looking forward to crafting a beautiful life with you.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.