Maker Class - Etched Candle Kit | A Makers' Studio x RE + NEW + ALL Candles
We are overjoyed to partner with RE + NEW + ALL Candles to provide a workshop teaching you how to make candles and how to be a light through hospitality. ✨
Order your workshop box now and receive a video of our candle workshop and talk about being a light through hospitality!
Need help picking your candle flavor?
✨Grapefruit is a bright and cheery treat balanced with the tartness of grapefruit combined with the sweetness of melon and apricot. Rounded out by soft florals like gardenia and jasmine, this candle is the perfect daily pick-me-up.
✨White Tea perfectly combines the fragrant elements of white tea, cedarwood, vanilla, and hints of jasmine for a fresh, clean, and luxurious scent that everyone is sure to love.
- 2 Glass Containers
- Mesh Stencil – Grow Where You Are Planted
- Etching Cream (sample)
- 1lb Soy Wax
- 2 Cotton Wicks
- 2 Candle Wick Stickers
- 1 Bottle of Premium Fragrance Oil
- Pair of Chopsticks
- Artist Brush
Additional Supplies Needed:
- Surgical Gloves
- Double Boiler or Two Pots
- Metal Spoon
- Funnel (optional)
- Pot Holders
About RE + NEW + ALL
Each year thousands of women are reported as victims of human trafficking. For the women who escape trafficking, the road to restoration is long and hard. One of the most difficult aspects of their journey is finding meaningful employment in a safe environment. At RE + NEW + ALL, our mission is to provide that solution.
Within the RE + NEW + ALL workspace in Memphis, TN, a group of survivors gather each week to learn artisanal candle making. Using our therapeutic work model, we empower survivors by giving them an opportunity to earn an income, build their resume, obtain job skills, ignite their creativity, and grow professionally in a safe and nurturing working environment. Every candle purchase gives these women the joy of a job they love, an environment where they are safe and nurtured, and the opportunity to grow professionally into leadership positions.
- Begin by placing the stencil on the glass container, smoothing out any bubbles. Using your Artist Brush, apply the Etching Cream to the stencil working it in with the brush. Then go back and apply a thicker layer on top. More is better in this process. Allow it to sit for at least 5 minutes before removing and washing in lukewarm water. Be sure to wear gloves when washing it off both the stencil and the glass.
- Allow the container to fully dry and then place a Candle Wick Sticker on the metal bottom of a Cotton Wick and press it down, centered in the glass container.
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Pour one bag (1/2 lb) into a second, smaller pot and then carefully place it in the larger one. Be sure to keep the water from getting in the pot with wax. Stir using a metal spoon.
- Once wax is fully melted, take the pot out of the boiling water and pour ½ the bottle of Premium Fragrance Oil into it. Mix well.
- Then, very carefully, pour the melted wax into the container. Use a funnel if needed. Then slide the wick in between the chopsticks to keep the wick straight and centered.
- Allow the wax to set for at least an hour. Then remove the chopsticks and use a pair of scissors to trim the wick.