Daily Bread Wall Hanging Project
- Mesh Stencil – Daily Bread
- Gel Art Ink – Can’t Never Could
- 4oz Sample – Selznick Grey
- ChalkArt Spreader
Additional Supplies Needed:
- Cloth Napkins (Target)
- Wooden Rod (Hobby Lobby)
- Large Container (for dyeing fabric)
- Begin by mixing 1 part Selznick Grey One Step Paint with 4-5 parts water. Be sure to mix well and use your hand to stir up any sediment at the bottom of the container. This will help prevent dark spots.
- Next, pre wet the napkin warm water and then place into the dye bath. Move the fabric around to ensure every crevice is covered. Then ring out any extra dye and hang to dry.
- Once dry, place the stencil centered on the napkin. Use the ChalkArt Spreader to apply the Gel Art Ink Can’t Never Could. Be sure to apply enough pressure to push the ink through the mesh.
- When done, remove the stencil and wash it in lukewarm water. Allow the fabric to dry.
- Once dry, flip the napkin over and place the wooded rod along the top edge. Using a glue compatible with fabric, fold the fabric over the rod and glue along the edge.
- After the glue has set, flip the napkin back over and tie the string to either side of the rod. To fully set the ink, use a hot iron (no steam).
Please select all options.