Cheers Gift Bag Kit
- Mesh Stencil – Cheers
- Gel Art Ink – Can’t Never Could (sample)
- Imitation Gold Leaf
- Gilding Size
- Foam Dome Brush
- Chip Brush
- ChalkArt Spreader
- Paper or Canvas Wine/Champaign Gift Bag
- Begin by loading your Foam Dome Brush with Gilding Size and then offloading it onto a scrap piece of cardboard using an up down motion. Then using that same motion, apply the size to the stencil.
- Carefully but quickly remove the stencil and wash it in lukewarm water.
- Once the size has come to tack (it will appear translucent) you can apply the Gold Leaf. Holding the spine with one hand, pull back the tissue with the other hand and lay the leaf down covering the area with size.
- After burnishing (pressing and rubbing down firmly) lift leaf packet up and continue the process until entire sized area is covered. Using the Chip Brush, remove the excess leaf.
- Next, after the stencil has completely dried, lay it down over the gold “Cheers” but making it slightly off centered from the other.
- Then apply Gel Art Ink Can’t Never Could to the stencil using the ChalkArt Spreader. Be sure to use enough pressure to push the ink through the mesh. Once done, remove the stencil and wash it in lukewarm water.