Clothed With Dignity Project
Please select all options.
Make your own custom serving tray with this beautifully detailed scripture stencil. Perfect for a farmhouse or rustic look.
- Mesh Stencil – Clothed With Dignity
- Gel Stain - Hazel Mahogany
- One Step Paint Sample – Geyer Gray
- Light Wax
- Foam Dome Brush
- Square Foam Brush
Additional Supplies Needed:
- Raw Wood Tray
- Lint Free Cloth (or T-Shirt)
- Begin by staining your raw wood tray. Use the square foam brush to apply the Hazel Mahogany Gel Stain generously all over the tray. Be sure to tape off any hardware or edges you don't want stained. Allow to dry for 1-2 hours.
- Take the Clothed With Dignity Mesh Stencil off of its white backing and adhere to the center of the tray. Burnish the stencil (rub firmly all over) so it is adhered well to the surface.
- Take the foam dome brush and dip into the Geyer Gray One Step Paint and pounce onto the stencil. Don't apply too much, but a thin layer covering all of the stencil design. Once complete, carefully peel away the Mesh Stencil from the tray. Wash the stencil immediately with water making sure the mesh is free of paint. Lay adhesive side up on a flat surface to air dry.
- Once the paint is dry, take the lint free cloth and apply a nickel size amount of Light Wax. Rub the wax into the tray in a circular motion, covering the entire tray. Let dry for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Enjoy your beautiful new custom tray!