DIY Gilded Splatter Pumpkins
Follow the steps below to create these chic, gilded pumpkins! These will look gorgeous in your home or on your front porch.
Supplies - click below to shop:
1. Clean surface of pumpkins.
2. Apply 1-2 coats of Rescue Restore Paint, using long smooth strokes and always painting into a wet edge.
3. Once paint dries, move pumpkin into cardboard box or protected area. Dip the artist brush into the size and begin to flick the brush creating splatter patterns onto the pumpkin. There is no right or wrong way, so have fun with it! NOTE: If you notice large globs start to form, wipe your brush off and then use it to soak up the excess size.
4. Once size has come to tack and has become translucent you can apply the leaf. Holding the spine with one hand, pull back the tissue with the other hand and lay the leaf down covering the area with size.
5. After burnishing (pressing and rubbing down firmly) lift leaf packet up and begin removing excess leaf using a stiff bristle brush. This may take time since many of the splatters are so small, so keep at it until you see all the fun drops appear!
6. Continue to roll the pumpkin and repeat steps 3-5.
7. Using the same artist brush apply size to the stem, then repeat steps 4-5.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.