September 09, 2022
The perfect cutting board for the upcoming FALL season. This stencil will create a fabulous background on any surface. Watch Lianep from DIY Beauty on Purpose as she takes you step by step on this fun DIY decor!
- Masking Tape
August 23, 2022 2 Comments
It's (almost) fall y'all! We have fabulous new Mesh Stencil designs dropping for the season. Watch Lianep from DIY Beauty on Purpose use the NEW Birds and Buttercups Mesh Stencil to create wooden fall décor pieces. Don't miss it; we can't wait to see what you make!
Shop What She Used:
- Birds and Buttercups - Mesh Stencil
- Angled Squeegee
- English Boxwood - One Step Paint
- Midnight Dreams - One Step Paint
- Ballet White - One Step Paint
- Well I Declare - Gel Art Ink
- Wood Blocks
- Short Wood Branches (for pumpkin stems)
- Jute or Twine
- Fall Leaves (fake or real)
For more fun tutorials and products, visit our blog at A Makers' Studio.com!
August 11, 2022
This DIY takes a plain or thrifted mirror and turns it into your favorite piece of décor. Decorate your home with custom pieces made yourself with just a few products from A Makers' Studio. Whether you enjoy a sleek modern look or an antique vintage vibe, our new line of Decorate Molds are a must have.
- Acrylic Glacier Resin Bundle
- Your Choice of Decorative Mold (we used My Flower Garden and Rose Garden)
- Gilding Size
- Your Choice of Leaf (we used Gold Leaf)
- Resin Measuring Cup (or any disposable cup on hand)
- Artist Brush (or any small paint brush)
- Chip Brush (or any medium sized paint brush)
- Light and Dark Wax (optional to antique)
To make your final piece more flexible (if applying to curved surfaces), simply pour in your mixture of 60% resin with 40% hardener and mix well for 3 minutes. Pour into the mold and allow to dry overnight. Pop out your design and apply with super glue to your frame, furniture, or decorative object.
The recipe to make the resin very hard and inflexible would be a 1:1 ratio of resin and hardener. Measure to ensure exact mixing ratios. Your working time is 20 minutes once mixed. Your gel time is 30 minutes. Allow the surface to dry for 6-9 hours. For crafting, your through dry time is 10-14 hours. We recommend letting it cure overnight.
If you prefer using air dry clay in lieu of resin, you will notice some shrinkage and cracking. Be aware that air dry clay will not give you the detail that you can get with Resin.
Pour mixture into your choice of Decorative Mold and let cure overnight. Pop out of the mold once hardened.