DIY SALT DOUGH GIFT TAGS | Using Clear Stamps and Gel Art Ink
These Salt Dough Gift Tags are so elegant and unique. Create these to impress your gift recipients this year! Watch as Amy & Michelle show you the best techniques for creating these tags.
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Salt
- ½ Cup Water
- Blessed – Rescue Restore Paint
- Gel Art Ink – Grass Is Always Greener
- Gel Art Ink – Bless His Heart
- Gel Art Ink – Blowin Up a Storm
- Gel Art Ink – Hold Your Horses
- Clear Stamp – I Love You/Family
- Clear Stamp – Foliage
- Foam Dome Brush
- Cookie or Biscuit Cutters (or some other round object)
- In a large bowl, mix together flour and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together water and ½ cup Rescue Restore Paint Blessed.
- Then pour paint mixture into larger bowl of flour/salt mixture. Mix together until large ball forms.
- Place ball of dough onto floured surface. Using a rolling pin, work the dough until it is between ¼ and ½ inch thick.
- Use cutters to create tags, placing them on a sheet of wax paper.
- Using a pencil or back end of an artist brush, create holes for threading string through.
- Then place a dab of Gel Art Ink on a clean surface and load the foam dome brush by dabbing it with an up and down motion, offloading as you go.
- Carefully dab the ink onto the stamp, using the same up down motion. Be sure to wipe off any excess ink that gets on the rim of the stamp.
- Now carefully place the stamp straight down onto the tag, applying medium pressure to ensure it stamps evenly.
- Then lift stamp straight up washing it with lukewarm water once done.
- Optional: You can add little red dots/berries by using a small brush and Bless His Heart Gel Art Ink.
- Allow tags to fully air dry for 72 hours, flipping them once daily.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.