TELL THE WORLD: LOVE GROWS HERE
Your home is a place where you feel most comfortable, safe, and loved. What better way to tell that to your guests than with a sign that says “Love Grows Here”? This week on our Maker Monday on Facebook, Amy is showing Makers how to create a lovely piece for your home or loved ones. This artwork makes the perfect housewarming project, whether for yourself or someone else!
MATERIALS YOU’LL NEED
- 10x10 wood surface
- English Walnut Gel Stain
- Peace and Joy ChalkArt™
- Metallic Gold ChalkArt™
- Love stencil (sold out)
- Alphabet stencil
- French Script stencil
- Sponge brush
- Artist brush
You will also need printer paper, scissors, and a hot glue gun.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR “LOVE GROWS HERE” SIGN
1. Apply the English Walnut Gel Stain to your surface with your sponge brush, using consistent strokes. Allow it to dry.
2. While your gel stain dries, apply the French Script stencil on blank printer paper and paint the stencil with the Metallic Gold ChalkArt™ using the spreader in your kit. Clean your spreader and allow the paper to dry.
3. Lay the “Love” portion of your stencil about three-quarters of the way down on your board, allowing room above for your flowers. Apply the Peace And Joy ChalkArt™ with your spreader, then remove the stencil. Wash it and lay flat to dry.
4. With your artist brush and the Peace and Joy ChalkArt™, freehand a string in the top third of your board. This “string” will hold your flowers.
5. Use the Alphabet stencil to stencil the words "grows here" underneath the word "love."
6. Cut circles out of the paper with the French script on it. Then cut the circle into a spiral. Roll up the paper from the inside edge to create a flower. Once you have your flower shaped, use your hot glue gun to glue the flower to your board.
7. For the other flower, cut out petal shapes and then cut a slit in the bottom of each “petal” so you can connect them. Once your flower petals are connected, glue the edges together and hot glue it to your board.
Of course, if you want more of Amy’s tips and tricks, tune into the Maker Monday video, which is recorded on our Facebook page.
MORE FROM MAKER MONDAYS
Don’t forget to watch Maker Monday on our Facebook page every Monday at 10am Central. Amy will be there each week to give you tips on your next kit or Maker project, so “Like” and follow us so you can see her!
We’re looking forward to crafting a beautiful life with you.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.