A Pressed Flower Sign You Will Adore
This Pressed Flower Sign is just adorable. This would be a fabulous gift and the perfect way to use your spring flowers. We used our Shine Your Light Mesh Stencil, get creative with it!
- Metal Frame
- Mesh Stencil – Shine Your Light
- No Bake Ceramic Paint – Green With Envy
- No Bake Ceramic Paint - Always A Bridesmaid
- No Bake Ceramic Paint – Angel Wings
- Artist Brush
- Books (for pressing flowers)
- Clear Glue (adheres to plastic)
- Tweezers (optional)
- Begin by picking fresh flowers. Avoid picking in the morning when still wet from the morning dew. Then place them on a sheet of paper inside a book, placing another piece of paper on top of them before closing the book. Stack multiple books on top for added pressure. Let them sit for around 24 hours.
- Next, remove the two sheets of plexiglass from the metal frame. Using the bottom piece, place your “Be Brave” stencil centered in the top half.
- Using the Artist Brush, apply the Always A Bridesmaid Ceramic Paint to the words “be brave.” Quickly wash your brush and dry as much as you can using a paper towel. Then apply Angel Wings Ceramic Paint to “Joshua 1:9” repeating the same steps to also apply Green With Envy Ceramic Paint to the leaf design.
- Once done, quickly remove the stencil and immediately wash in lukewarm water. Allow the ceramic paint to dry.
- Next, remove the sleeve of papers with the flowers from the book. Leaving them sandwiched between the paper, set your iron on the lowest setting and begin pressing down on the paper. Repeat several times, covering the whole paper and be sure to not move the iron around but only do an up down motion.
- Once done, apply a small dab of clear glue onto the back of the flower before placing them onto the back sheet of plexiglass (same one you applied the stencil to). Using a pair of tweezers may make it easier to place flowers directly where you want them to go. Continue to add more flowers until satisfied with the design. Then place to top plexiglass sheet on top and slide it back into the frame.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.