DIY Decorated Soap Dispenser
We love the verse on our new "I Am The Vine" Mesh Stencil! We talked about the meaning behind this verse today as we created this adorable soap dispenser.
- Soap Dispenser
- Mesh Stencil – I Am The Vine
- 4oz One Step Paint Sample – Cartouche Green
- 4oz One Step Paint Sample – Stoneware
- Foam Dome Brush
- Sponge Paint Brush – 2.0”
- Painters' Tape
- Begin by placing a strip of painters’ tape centered within the top half of the soap dispenser. Also, go ahead and remove the inner soap dispenser parts so you are just working on the wood outer shell.
- Next, using your Sponge Paint Brush, apply a coat of Cartouche Green One Step Paint. Always paint into a wet edge, in the direction of the grain, and in nice long strokes. Once dry, apply a second coat and allow to fully dry for at least three hours.
- Once fully dried, cut out and place the branch stencil onto the dispenser. Place it at an angle wrapping around the side of the bottle. You may want to add painters’ tape around the edges of the stencils to keep paint from going over the edges.
- Next, load the Foam Dome Brush with Stoneware One Step Paint and offload using an up down motion. Using that same motion, carefully and quickly apply the Stoneware Paint to the stencil.
- Once done, quickly remove and wash the stencil in lukewarm water. Allow the stencil to fully dry before repeating the patterns around the entire container.
- After everything has dried, carefully remove the painters’ tape to reveal the wood stripe.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.