DIY NEW YEARS' EVE T-SHIRT
Today we're taking our new Madras Mesh Stencil to make this adorable New Years' Eve T-Shirt! We used our NEW Metallic Gel Art Inks to give it a sparkly look for the holiday. Watch to see how we made the t-shirts and shop the products we used below...
AMS Products Needed:
- Mesh Stencil – Happy Holidays
- Mesh Stencil – Madras Letters
- Gel Art Ink – Blowin’ Up A Storm
- Gel Art Ink - Metallic Gold
- ChalkArt Spreader
Other Supplies Needed:
- Painters’ Tape
- Begin by placing a piece of smooth, scrap cardboard inside your shirt to prevent any bleed through. Then lay everything out to find your placing. Imagine there is a center line, and you are using the “align left” mode.
- Next, lay painter’s tape under the row you are going to place the word “new” on. This will help give you a guide to keep all your letters straight.
- Then begin by placing the letter “n” sticky side down onto the shirt. Next apply the Metallic Gold Gel Art Ink to the stencil using the ChalkArt Spreader. Be sure to use enough pressure to push the ink through the mesh.
- Carefully remove the stencil and wash it in lukewarm water. Continue across with the letter “e” and then “w” repeating the same steps.
- Then remove your painters’ tape and place another strip under the next row which will read “Year.” Repeat those same steps for those letters.
- Lastly, once everything has dried, cut and place the “Happy Holidays” stencil above the word “New” but allow the descenders to drop down onto it. The repeat the previous steps using Gel Art Ink Blowin’ Up A Storm only applying ink to the word “Happy.” After removing and washing the stencil, allow everything to dry for a couple hours before setting the ink with a hot iron (no steam).
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.