Coasters & Home Decor With Our New Stencil!
Check out our new Kind Words Mesh Stencil inspired by Proverbs 16:24 which says, "Kind words are like honey- sweet to the soul and healthy for the body." Watch as Cheryl from Home of My Making shows you how she is taking our brand NEW Kind Words Stencil and making an adorable art piece. Scroll down to see how we did DIY coasters with the same stencil!
Kind Words Coasters
Additional Supplies Needed:
· Wooden Coasters (Hobby Lobby)
· Lint Free Cloth
1. Begin by applying the Hazel Mahogany Gel Stain to each coaster using a lint free cloth.
2. Once fully dried, place the bee and wreath stencil centered onto the coaster. Then use the Foam Sponge Brush to apply the One Step Paint to the stencil. Continue to repeat the process on the other coasters.
3. Allow them to fully dry and then use the Artist Brush to paint in details with the Gilding Size.
4. Once the size has come to tack (it will appear translucent) you can apply the Gold Leaf. Holding the spine with one hand, pull back the tissue with the other hand and lay the leaf down covering the area with size.
5. After burnishing (pressing and rubbing down firmly) lift leaf packet up and continue the process until entire sized area is covered. Use the Chip Brush to then remove the excess leaf.
6. Once done, use the Foam Sponge Brush to apply the New Matte Sealer to the tops of the coasters, allow them to dry, and then add sealer to the bottom of each coaster. Once fully dried, add additional coats.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.